Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Sewing Bettine - Tilly and the Buttons pattern

I'm a bit behind in blogging so I've made Bedtimes since I last blogged.

I love this pattern as its super comfy and really easy to sew. This one I made with contrasting pockets and sleeve bands. I feel super punk in this dress!


The pattern has only a few main pieces and the instructions are really clear. Plus at the end you are instructed to drink Prosecco!

My only problem with this pattern is the sizing. My first bettine the armpits were a bit tight so lifting my arms became difficult and it was very tight across the bum.

I made mine in the largest size on the pattern size so perhaps I needed a size up. I'm normally a size 18 so perhaps next time I make one in non stretch fabric I'll  make some adjustments to the sizing as soon as I work out how!

I made another one in a size 2 for my friend who is a size 10 bad I think it fits her much better so perhaps its me that's a funny size! I made he's in Marvel superhero fabric and it was a perfect pattern as there wasn't any bust darts to cut out bits of characters.

My next Bettine will be in a stretch jersey as I think it will be a fab comfy dress and as I know the pattern well it will be a good test for trying out sewing with stretch knits.