Monday 4 July 2016

Childrens Shirt, with left over superhero fabric

I can't bear to waste fabric... its probably not the best way to make a garment but I made this kiddys shirts out of scraps.

I used a free pattern I found on pintrest you can find the pattern here. I chose this one with the cute contrast in colours.

This is the first time I have done a collar and a yolk on a shirt so it was a definite learning curve for me.
I made sure whilst I was doing the contrasting colours on the back that I pinned really regularly so that the fabric couldn't move whilst I was sewing it.
The collar was easy to make but inserting it was a bit confusing. I think the instructions on the pattern tutorial are really good so check them out, but once I had worked out it needed sewing on the inside of the shirt sides.

It definitely wasn't perfect but the little boy it was for loved his superheroes shirt so it didn't matter !

No comments:

Post a Comment