Thursday 13 August 2015

Poofy skirt with elastic waist

Another make from a sewing mag this time Love Sewing!

I followed the instructions in the mag for this one, which was issue 15. It basically involved 2m of fabric and some wide elastic.

I drew round the pocket template in cream and sewed one on each straight edge of fabric. I then put the straight edges together and sewed the up either side, going around the pocket edges also.

I hemmed the whole thing up in a loop. Then I zig zagged the whole top of the skirt, then did a long stich all the way around which I pulled on the bobbin end to gather it.

I then attached the elastic without stretching it.

If I did it again I would use less elastic so that it needs to str3tch to fit and it will lie much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment